The essential reference for quick, accurate diagnosis of arthritic disease
through the radiograph! The 2nd Edition of this convenient, easy-to-read guide
is divided into two sections. The first section illustrates an approach to analyzing
the radiographicchanges in a specific joint, and the common arthropathies that
produce those changes. The second section addresses the radiographic hallmarks
of each of the common arthropathies.
Reviews of the Previous Edition:
"This unique book fills an important void in the musculoskeletal imaging literature...Well worth its modest cost...a truly outstanding achievement" --AJR
"The text provides an excellent approach to the radiographic diagnosis of articular disorders...An excellent resource." --Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
Table of Contents
Part I: Approach to Radiographic Changes Observed in a Specific Joint. Evaluation of the Hand Film. Approach to the Hip. Approach to the Knee. Approach to the Shoulder. The Sacroiliac Joint. The "Phytes" of the Spine. Part II: Radiographic Changes Observed in a Specific Articular Disease. Rheumatoid Arthritis. Osoriatic Arthritis. Reiter's Disease. Ankylosing Spondylitis. Osteoarthritis. Neuropathic Osteoarthropaty. Diffuse Isiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis (DISH). Gout. Calcium Pyrophospate Dihydrate (CPPD) Crystal Deposition Disease. Hydroxyapatite Deposition Disease (HADD). Miscellaneous Deposition Diseases. Collagen Vascular Diseases (Connective Tissue Diseases). Juvenile Chronic Arthritis. Hemophilia. Index.
- Easily reference diagnostic guidance by presenting symptom, see what to look for, and understand how to effectively diagnose the patient.
- Reference key information quickly and easily thanks to a consistent, user-friendly format and a unique two-part organization (radiologic approaches to specific joints and full description of the individual common arthritides) that facilitates finding the exact information you need for any joint in the body.
New to this Edition
- Improve the accuracy of your diagnoses by interpreting radiographs and comparing them with correlating MRI images.
- Benefit from the latest advancements and techniques found in completely revised and rewritten chapters.
- Understand the nuances and subtleties of how arthritides present through over 350 high-quality digital images.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank and more.