This single volume text will consist of review material in an outline format covering all the areas that are covered on the NAVLE. The text will be arranged by animal species with additional sections on Basic Sciences, Practice Management and Public Health. All subject areas on the test will be addressed in this review material. The accompanying CD-ROM will contain two 360-question practice tests that can be scored, but will not be randomized. The rationales for right and wrong answers on the accompanying Q&A CD-ROM described below will be cross-referenced to the review book.
- Exam-based structure familiarizes you with the content you’ll see on the board exam and builds your knowledge step-by-step.
- Convenient, point-by-point outline format highlights the most essential data to streamline your studying.
- Companion CD includes two discipline-based sample exams:
- The practice quiz mode includes a pool of 1,600 multiple-choice questions that can be randomized so you can take any number of questions an unlimited number of times – feedback is instant.
- The final exam mode emulates the NAVLE® test-taking experience, enabling you to complete 360 multiple-choice question at one time and receive a final score that is displayed in a bar graph showing which content areas require further study.
- Case-based study questions test you on the clinical situations you’ll be challenged with on the exam and in practice.
- Answer key with rationales explain the logic behind each question’s answer and reinforce important principles.
- Illustrations provide visual evidence to clarify and support key points.
Table of Contents
Section I General Disciplines in Veterinary Medicine
1. Clinical Pathology: Clinical Chemistry
2. Clinical Pathology: Cytology
3. Clinical Pathology: Hematology
5. Diagnostic Imaging
6. Food Safety
7. Necropsy Techniques
Section II Small Animal
12. Cardiovascular Disorders
14. Emergency Medicine
15. Endocrine Disorders
16. Gastrointestinal Disorders
18. Infectious Diseases
19. Nervous System Disorders
22. Orthopedic Disorders
23. Preventive Medicine
24. Reproductive Disorders
25. Respiratory Disorders
27. Soft Tissue Surgery
28. Urinary System Disorders
Section III Equine
31. Cardiovascular Disorders
34. Diagnostic Imaging
35. Endocrine Disorders
36. Gastrointestinal Diseases
37. Infectious Diseases
38. Nervous System Disorders
42. Orthopedic Disorders
43. Preventive Medicine
44. Reproductive Disorders
45. Respiratory Disorders
48. Urinary Disorders
Section VI Food Animal
49. Bovine Medicine and Management
50. Camelid Medicine and Management
51. Ovine/Caprine Medicine and Management
52. Swine Medicine and Management
53. Poultry Medicine and Management
Section IV Exotics
54. Pet Birds
59. Zoo Animals
By Patricia Schenck, DVM, PhD, Section Chief, Endocrine Diagnostic Section, Diagnostic Center for Population and Animal Health, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI