Introducing a new title in the Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series! This breakthrough reference presents up-to-the-minute, practical guidance on liposuction—edited by two pioneers in the field, Drs. C. William Hanke and Gerhard Sattler. Succinctly written and lavishly illustrated, this resource focuses on the how to’s of liposuction and offers step-by-step guidance on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade. An accompanying DVD shows clips of key techniques so readers can implement the newest procedures into their practice immediately and obtain the best results.
- Covers the hottest topics—including patient selection, aesthetic principles, tumescent technique, and more—all in one concise, accessible volume.
- Provides the “tricks of the trade” of more than XX practically-minded, technically skilled, hands-on clinicians.
- Features a wealth of color illustrations and photographs that depict cases as they present in practice.
- Discusses common pitfalls and emphasizes how to avoid complications and optimize outcomes.
- Highlights emerging topics in the field, with guidance on the newest developments in cosmetic surgery.
- Comes with a bonus DVD containing video clips of techniques and procedures as well as the experts’ hints and tips.
Table of Contents
1) History of Liposuction C. William Hanke, Gerhard Sattler
2) Teaching Liposuction at Live Surgery Workshops C. William Hanke, Gerhard Sattler, Jeffrey A. Klein, Kimberly J. Butterwick, Patrick J. Lillis
3) Modern Liposuction Instrumentation and Cannulas Carolyn I. Jacob, Gerhard Sattler
4) Tumescent Local Anesthesia Technique Jeffrey L. Melton, C. William Hanke, Gerhard Sattler
5) Safety of Lidocaine During Tumescent Anesthesia for Liposuction
Kimberly J. Butterwick, Mitchel P. Goldman
6) Powered Liposuction: Results and Complications Jennifer Geiger, Kathryn Frew, Bruce E. Katz
7) Female Breast Reduction By Liposuction Using Tumescent Local Anesthesia Loek Habbema, C. William Hanke
8) Liposuction of Male Breasts Jeffrey L. Melton, C. William Hanke
9) Liposuction of the Neck and Jowls Robert C. Langdon
10) Liposuction of the Torso, Back and Abdomen Robert E. Clark, Timothy Corcoran Flynn
11) Liposuction of the Thighs Lisa M. Donofrio
12) Liposuction of the Arms Ronald M. Shelton
13) Fat Autograft Muscle Injection Kimberly J. Butterwick
14) Avoiding Complications Helena Igra, Daniel Lanzer
15) Review of Liposuction Safety Studies C. William Hanke, J. Barton Sterling, Jeffrey L. Melton, Gerhard Sattler
16) Wound Healing in Liposuction Birgit Wörle, Gerhard Sattler, C. William Hanke
17) Frequently Asked Questions About Liposuction From a Dermatologic Surgeon’s Perspective C. William Hanke, Gerhard Sattler, Jeffrey A. Klein, Gerald Bernstein, Kimberly J. Butterwick, Patrick J. Lillis