Now in its sixth edition, the Neonatal Formulary continues to provide advice
on the safe use of drugs commonly given to babies during labor, delivery and
the first month of life. In addition to the 230 monographs featured in the previous
edition, 6 new drugs were added and all references have been updated.
An accompanying website offers regular updates and electronic cross-links to a wide range of other useful information for neonatologists and neonatal nurses, hospital pharmacists, obstetric staff or general practitioners. For easy access, the whole text is also available for purchase in a PDA format.
Table of Contents
Important advisory statement.
Part 1 Drug prescribing and drug administration.
- Terms, symbols, abbreviations and units.
- Drug storage and administration.
- Drugs and the body.
- Drugs and the law.
- Care and use of intravascular lines.
- Minimising IV infusion and drug hazards.
- Writing a hospital prescription.
- Adverse reactions and overtreatment.
- Maternal drug abuse.
- Renal failure.
- Body weight and surface area.
- Useful website addresses.
Part 2 Drug monographs.
Part 3 Maternal medication and its effect on the baby.
- Further reading.
- Maternal medication and the baby.
- Index (including synonyms and abbreviations).