Pediatric cardiac surgery is a dynamic, fast-moving field. Busy practitioners, like you, need clear and comprehensive guidance you can relay on to ensure optimal patient care.
For over 25 years Pediatric Cardiac Surgery has been the gold-standard reference for pediatric and adult cardiac surgeons, pediatric and adult cardiologists, intensivists, anesthesiologists, residents and nurses.
Now, in this thoroughly revised 4th edition, you again get trusted, complete coverage of the field with timely new features and expert reviews of critical topics including heart transplantation, emerging modalities for diagnosing congenital heart and tracheal defects, the surgical technique of Fontan conversion with arrhythmia surgery, the medical challenges of managing adult CHD patients, and more.
New in This Edition
- Cardiac surgery and pediatric cardiology in one premier textbook
- Contributions from over 65 world-renowned experts
- More illustrations, by renowned medical illustrator Rachid Idriss, which have brought acclaim to previous editions
- Reviews of the embryology, physical findings, diagnostic criteria, and therapeutic choices for each disease entity and describes the latest in surgical techniques in each chapter
- All-new chapters that guide readers through new treatment options and other key developments since the publication of the previous edition. For example, several new chapters highlight recent advances in congenital heart surgery, including, for the first time, information on adult congenital heart disease