This comprehensive book captures and compiles new and current information on hematologic malignancies. New knowledge of cellular disease processes, molecular pathology, and cytogenetic, epigenetic and genomic changes has influenced the current outlook toward haematological malignancies. This recent and ongoing expansion of knowledge on malignant hematology has not previously been utilized to its full capacity due to its diffuse distribution scattered over the internet and research publications. This book is written by experts from the American and European continent, sharing their current thoughts and knowledge on the pathobiology of malignant haematological diseases of the blood, as well as current treatment strategies and future developments in the area of these haematological diseases.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Hematopoiesis.
- 1 Normal and Malignant Hematopoiesis (Bijal D. Shah and Kenneth S. Zuckerman).
- 2 The Leukemic Genome (Jonathan C. Strefford and Nicholas CP Cross).
Part 2: Myeloid Malignancies.
- 3 Myeloproliferative Neoplasms (Ruben A. Mesa and Ayalew Tefferi).
- 4 CML: Molecular Biology of BCR-Able (Javier I. Pinilla-Ibarz, Eric Padron and Lori Hazlehurst).
- 5 Standard Management of Patients with CML (Chronic Myeloid Leukemia) (Elias Jabbour, Jorge Cortes and Hagop Kantarjian).
- 6 The Molecular Biology of Acute Myeloid Leukemia (Jerald Radich).
- 7 Acute Myeloid Leukemia (Martin S. Tallman, Ritesh Parajuli and Jessica K. Altman).
- 8 Acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) (Sylvain Thépot, Lionel Ades and Pierre Fenaux).
- 9 A Pluralistic approach to the study of myelodysplastic syndromes: Evolving pathology of the Seed via the Soil (Naomi Galili, Raymond Cruz, Jamie Stratton, Jessica Clima, Ghulam Sajjad Khan and Azra Raza).
- 10 Myelodysplastic Syndrome: A Review of Current Care (Kenneth H. Shain, Alan F. List and Rami S. Komrokji).
- 11 Supportive Care in Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) (Hussain I. Saba, Arshia A. Dangol and Donald C. Doll).
Part 3: Lymphoid Malignancies.
- 12 Molecular Biology of Chronic Lymphoproliferative Disorders (Monique A. Hartley and Lubomir Sokol).
- 13 Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (Terry Hamblin and Angela Hamblin).
- 14 Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (Susan O'Brien, Stefan Faderl, Deborah Thomas and Hagop M. Kantarjian).
- 15 Large Granular Lymphocyte Leukemia (Xin Liu and Thomas P. Loughran, Jr.).
- 16 Hairy Cell Leukemia (Kevin T. Kim, Darren S. Sigal and Alan Saven).
- 17 Molecular Basis of B-cell Lymphomas (Elizabeth M. Sagatys, Eduardo M. Sotomayor and Jianguo Tao).
- 18 Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphomas (Peter McLaughlin and Nathan Fowler).
- 19 Hodgkin Lymphoma (Michael Crump).
Part 4: Plasma Cell Disorders.
- 20 Multiple Myeloma: Molecular Biology, Diagnosis and Treatment (S. Vincent Rajkumar and Shaji Kumar).
- 21 Waldenström’s Macroglobulinemia (Robert A. Kyle and Suzanne Hayman).
- 22 Primary Systemic (AL) Amyloidosis (Efstathios Kastritis and Meletios Athanasios Dimopoulos).
Part 5: Bone Marrow Transplantation and Quality of Life.
- 23 Advances in allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation: progress in transplantation technology and disease-specific outcomes (Joseph Pidala and Claudio Anasetti).
- 24 Quality of Life after the diagnosis of Hematological Malignancies (Mohamed Sorror).
Hussain I. Saba, Department of Medicine, University of South Florida College
of Medicine; James A. Haley Veterans Hospital; H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
and Research Institute; , Tampa, FL, USA
Ghulam Mufti, Department of Haematological Medicine, Guy’s and St. Thomas’s School of Medicine, King’s College Hospital, London, UK