Cardiology: Clinical Cases Uncovered is the ideal integrated text to help you
recognize, understand and know how to investigate and manage many heart-related
disorders and conditions. Written by three practising cardiologists, Cardiology:
Clinical Cases Uncovered leads students through a clinical approach to managing
problems with 26 real-world cardiovascular cases. There is strong emphasis on
high-quality figures, particularly 12-lead ECGs, as these play such a major
role in the evaluation of the cardiac patient.
Following a question-answer approach throughout the narrative, with self-assessment MCQs, EMQs and SAQs, Cardiology: Clinical Cases Uncovered includes sections on cardiac anatomy, physiology and pathology which provide the essentials required to understand clinical cardiology, and is ideal for medical students and junior doctors on the Foundation Programme, specialist nurses and nurse practitioners, and for those with plans for a career in cardiology.
Table of Contents
How to use this book.
Part 1 Basics.
- Basic science.
- General approach to the patient.
Part 2 Cases.
- Case 1 A 47-year- old man with chest pain.
- Case 2 A 60-year- old HGV driver with chest pain.
- Case 3 An 85-year-old man with collapse.
- Case 4 A 71-year-old man with exertion chest tightness.
- Case 5 A 50-year-old man with sudden onset severe central chest pain.
- Case 6 A 45-year-old man with chest pain and breathlessness.
- Case 7 A 34-year-old man with chest pain.
- Case 8 An 80-year-old woman with acute severe breathlessness.
- Case 9 A 50-year-old man with exertional breathlessness.
- Case 10 A 72-year-old woman with breathlessness on exertion.
- Case 11 A 50-year-old man with a murmur.
- Case 12 A 30-year-old man with high blood pressure and a heart murmur.
- Case 13 A 64-year-old man with collapse and a murmur.
- Case 14 A 34-year-old man with malaise, chest pains and breathlessness.
- Case 15 A 22-year-old woman with faints.
- Case 16 A 76-year-old woman with blackouts.
- Case 17 A 35-year-old woman with palpitations.
- Case 18 A 42-year-old man with palpitations.
- Case 19 A 64-year-old man with fatigue and palpitations.
- Case 20 A 24-year-old man with palpitations.
- Case 21 A 77-year-old woman with fatigue and bradycardia.
- Case 22 A 57-year-old man with collapse.
- Case 23 A 36-year-old woman with a family history of sudden death.
- Case 24 A 60-year-old man with high blood pressure.
- Case 25 A 24-year-old woman with visual loss and dysphasia.
- Case 26 A 59-year-old woman with low blood pressure and breathlessness.
Part 3 Self-assessment.
Index of cases by diagnosis.
Tim Betts, Consultant Cardiologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK