Manual of Skin Diseases of the Dog and Cat 2nd edition provides a valuable asset to the practice library for quick and easy reference on a busy day. Dealing with all common skin diseases in both the dog and the cat, particular attention is paid to the differences between the two species. Each chapter looks at a different type of skin disease with descriptions of clinical presentations and a guide for diagnostic tests for each.
This book is a combined update of two of Sue Paterson's books Skin Diseases of the Dog and Skin Diseases of the Cat into one volume for ease of reference. As skin problems represent a high proportion of the caseload seen by veterinary practitioners, this book will prove useful on a daily basis. It will help you to manage common diseases, as well as identify those requiring specialist care.
* Particular emphasis is placed on those diagnostic techniques available to
the veterinarian within a general practice environment.
* Provides a practical approach to diagnosis and management.
* Contains almost 500 colour photographs of common and rare skin conditions
Table of contents
1. Introduction - Structure and Function.
2. Approach to the Case.
3. Diagnostic Tests.
4. Bacterial Skin Disease.
5. Fungal Skin Disease.
6. Viral, Rickettsial and Protozoal Diseases.
7. Parasitic Skin Disease.
8. Endocrine and Metabolic Skin Disease.
9. Otitis Externa.
10. Allergic Skin Disease.
11. Immune Mediated Skin Disease.
13. Nutritional Skin Disease.
14. Congenital and Hereditary Skin Diseases.
15. Pigment Abnormalities.
16. Psychogenic Skin Disease.
17. Keratinisation Defects.
18. Miscellaneous Skin Diseases in the Dog.
19. Miscellaneous Skin Diseases in the Cat.
20. Environmental Skin Diseases.
21. Neoplastic and Non Neoplastic Tumours