When you're considering device therapy for a patient with heart failure, be sure to consult this concise reference for the latest information on who benefits most from which device.
In clear, straightforward prose, Dr. Feldman addresses:
- Resynchronization Therapy
- Impulse Therapy
- Chronic Implantable Monitoring
and more. With chapters devoted to monitoring the patient on device therapy and the future of device therapy in heart failure, this book makes an important contribution to patient care.
Table of Contens
- Contributor list.
- Chapter One: Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (Behzad Pavri and Arthur M. Feldman).
- Chapter Two: Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Therapy (Reginald T. Ho and Arnold J.Greenspon).
- Chapter Three: Chronic Implantable Monitoring (Nisha Aggarwal and David J. Whellan).
- Chapter Four: Cardiac Contractility Modulation by Electrical Signals Applied During Absolute Refractory Period as a Treatment for Chronic Heart Failure (Daniel Burkhoff, Hani N. Sabbah, Christian Butter, Yuval Mika and Martin Borggrefe).
- Chapter Five: Role of Cardiac Restraint Devices in the Treatment of Patients with Dilated Cardiomyopathy (Douglas L. Mann).
- Chapter Six: The Role of Right Heart Catherization in Management of Patients with Heart Failure (Sandeep A. Kamath and Mark H. Drazner).
- Chapter Seven: Impedance Cardiography (Sunthosh V. Parvathaneni and Ileana L. Pina).
- Chapter Eight: The Use of Echocardiography in Evaluating the Heart Failure Patient and Response to Therapy (John Gorscan III).
- Chapter Nine: Revascularization for Left Ventricular Dysfunction (Nicholas J. Ruggiero II, Thomas J. Kiernan, Juan M. Bernal and Igor F. Palacios).
- Chapter Ten: Minimally Invasive Treatment of Mitral Valve Disease (Andra Popescu and Paul J. Mather).
- Chapter Eleven: Percutaneous Mechanical Assist Devices (Suresh Mulukutla, Lawrence Schneider and Howard A. Cohen).
- Chapter Twelve: Left Ventricular Assist Devices for Acute and Chronic Heart Failure (Daniel Marelli, Louis Stein, Abbas Ardehali).
- Chapter Thirteen: The Role of Enhanced External Counterpulsation (EECP) in Heart Failure Management (Marc A. Silver and William E. Lawson).
- Chapter Fourteen: Ultrafiltration (Maria Rosa Constanzo).
- Conflict of Interest Table.