Concise, current, need-to-know coverage of emergency medicine in children " presented in full color
Endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians
"...a comprehensive and current resource for anyone who cares for children in an acute setting, from the office to the emergency department. Its presentation is straightforward, and the information is easy to read and assimilate. It will be a valuable resource for those in the field of pediatric emergency medicine as well as other practitioners who occasionally care for sick children."?JAMA (reviewing an earlier edition)
This clinically-focused guide covers the entire field of pediatric emergency medicine. Featuring a strong focus on practical need-to-know information Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Fifth Edition is bolstered by numerous full-color images, bulleted High-Yield Facts at the beginning of each chapter, nearly 100 diagnostic and treatment algorithms, and treatment tables with drug dosages. Endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, this book is perfect for use in the emergency department or the pediatric clinic.
- Chapters open with bulleted High-Yield Facts, followed by just enough pathophysiology for understanding, and continue with a focus on what needs to be done to protect and save the child
- Broad scope spans the full spectrum of pediatric emergencies -- from trauma care to psychosocial emergencies
- NEW CHAPTER on Brief Resolved Unexplained Events (BRUE)
- Opens with an important symptom-based section of Cardinal Presentations that familiarizes you with crucial life-saving protocols
- Covers all major categories of disease that present in children on an urgent or emergent basis
If you are in need of a very readable and easily accessible, evidence-based text written to help you provide high quality emergency medical care to children, your search ends here.