Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to nephrology and acid-base disorders derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (includingcontent from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientificrigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s. You will find 23 chapters from 45 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for the classroom,clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- Content reflects the full scope of nephrology
- Valuableopeningsectionsprovides a systemsoverview, covering renal development, function, and physiology, and providesanoverview of howthekidneyrespondstoinjury
- Complete coverage of essential topics such as acidosis and alkalosis, fluid and electrolyte disorders, and hypercalcemia
- Integration of pathophysiologywithclinicalmanagement
- High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current and preparing for the boards
- Helpfulappendix of laboratoryvalues of clinicalimportance