Nursing Research is the ultimate companion to research. The new edition offers everything you need to know, supporting you throughout your course. With this gentle but comprehensive beginner's guide, you'll have no trouble understanding research, the foundation to good evidence-based practice, clinical effectiveness and quality care.
'An excellent well established research text much valued not only by novice
researchers and students but also by experienced nurse researchers and, indeed
other clinicians as well. The third edition only serves to enhance this by a
thorough updating of references, resources and research examples and the most
effective introduction of three new chapters... All students of nursing should
have this text recommended if not required for their research methods course
and modules. This should prove particularly helpful for research proposal dissertations
at UG and PGT level. It is also relevant for all clinical practitioners seeking
to both understand and comment on research in the clinical settings.'
- Tonks N. Fawcett, Professor of Student Learning (Nurse Education), University of Edinburgh, UK
'...an extremely comprehensive, detailed yet lively book, which explains research in a way that students can understand and academics can enjoy.'
- Dr Elaine Crisp, Lecturer, School of Health Sciences, University of Tasmania, Australia
'The new edition retains the tried and trusted ways of describing nursing research in a user friendly and precise way bringing with it a contemporary twist.'
- Ian Peate, visiting Professor of Nursing, University of West London, UK and Editor in Chief, British Journal of Nursing. Head of School of Health Studies, Gibraltar
1. Research and Nursing Practice
2. Knowledge, Science and Research
3. Quantitative Research
4. Qualitative Research
5. Mixed Methods
6. The Research Process and Ethical Issues
7. Literature Reviews
8. Research and Theory
9. Research Questions and Operational Definitions
10. Research Designs
12. Phenomenological Research
13. Grounded Theory
15. Samples and Sampling
19. Making Sense of Data
20. Evaluating Research Studies
21. Evidence Based Practice
Kader Parahoo is Professor in Nursing and Health Research, School of Nursing and Institute of Nursing Research at the University of Ulster, Coleraine campus, UK.