A complete guide to microneedling and its varied roles in modern aesthetic medicine
Microneedling is an increasingly common procedure in the day-to-day practice of dermatologists across the globe. Minimally invasive and requiring minimal downtime, the process can be used to address a range of cosmetic and dermatologic concerns, including rejuvenation of the skin, transdermal delivery of drugs, skin textural irregularities, luminosity, and treatment of dyschromia, melasma, and scarring. Treatment is administered with pens, rollers, and, stamps that have been designed to stimulate the release of growth factors and induce collagen production, working to enhance the appearance of patients of all ages and skin types.
Edited by leading dermatologist Dr. Elizabeth Bahar Houshmand, Microneedling brings together practical instruction, top tips, and exciting new research to provide all those working in aesthetic medicine with an essential guide to this multifaceted procedure. The book includes a global approach and insightful discussion of topics including:
- The therapeutic benefit of microneedling when skin injury, disease, or aging causes aesthetic changes in the skin
- The advantages of microneedling, including its decreased risk of pigmentation changes or scarring compared with other procedures
- The practical skills and technology used in the implementation of different microneedling techniques
- Tips for applying microneedling to a wide range of skin types
- The use of microneedling to inject platelet-rich plasma
Based upon the latest research and industry practices, Microneedling is an invaluable tool for all dermatologists, dermatologic surgeons, and other aesthetic medicine practitioners looking to provide their patients with the best possible care.
Elizabeth Bahar Houshmand, MD, FAAD, FABIM, is a double board-certified dermatologist specializing in cutaneous laser surgery and the dermatologic care of patients, with a special interest in Cosmetic Dermatology, lasers, acne, skin of color, and hair loss. Dr. Houshmand is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine.