List of contributors
James B. Meigs
Andrea Giustina, Stefano Frara
3. Genetics of Diabetic Microvascular Disease
Niina Sandholm, Carol Forsblom
4. Epigenetics of Diabetic Microvascular Disease
5. Diabetic Retinopathy - Clinical
Francesco Bandello, Rosangela Lattanzio, Alessandro Marchese, Emanuela Aragona
6. Diabetic retinopathy- Research
7. Diabetic Nephropathy - Clinical
8. Diabetic Nephropathy - Research
Silvia Maestroni, Gianpaolo Zerbini
9. Diabetic Neuropathy - Clinical
Christopher H. Gibbons,
10. Diabetic Neuropathy - Research
Krish Chandrasekaran, Lindsay A. Zilliox, James W. Russell
11. Diabetic Foot, Clinical
12. Diabetic Foot - Research
Theocharidis Georgios, Aristidis Veves
13. Coronary Microvascular Dysfunction Clinical and Research
Guglielmo Gallone, Francesco Moroni, Marco Magnoni
14. Cerebral Microvascular Disease Clinical and Research
Eelco van Duinkerken, Richard G. IJzerman
Diabetes remains one of the main causes, in the western world, of legal blindness, end stage renal disease, and amputation, despite the implementation of tight glycemic control and the great progress in the management and care of our patients.
In the perspective that clinical and basic-science knowledge are fundamental to clinicians as well as to researchers, this book is a valuable resource by integrating clinical information and research frontlines of the microvascular complications of diabetes.
It will provide up-to-date diagnostic criteria, classifications, and therapeutic approaches and recent discoveries on mechanisms of disease, experimental therapeutic agents, and biomarkers of disease.
The ultimate goal of this book is to provide a useful and handy tool to professionals and students in the field of diabetes and its microvascular complications.