eterinary Medical Terminology Guide and Workbook provides a user-friendly guide for gaining an understanding of veterinary medical terms, from phonetic spelling and meanings of prefixes, suffixes, and roots to more in-depth explanations of terminology. Introductory chapters explain the basic principles of using medical terminology in veterinary medicine, with later chapters organized by body system, covering anatomy, terminology, and abbreviations in a consistent format. Carefully designed to engage the reader, each chapter includes tip boxes, case studies, word lists, and review exercises to promote learning, and a companion website also provides a pronunciation guide, flash cards, teaching PowerPoints, and additional images.
Species-specific chapters on the horse, ruminants, exotics, and lab animals offer a unique study of terms specific to these species, making this a truly comprehensive resource. Appendices provide quick access to information on the pronunciation, spelling, and meaning of word parts and commonly used abbreviations. Helpful to both veterinary and veterinary technician students and those in practice, Veterinary Medical Terminology Guide and Workbook is an essential resource to learning veterinary terminology and using correct medical terms in daily practice.
The Wiley Advantage
- Offers easy-to-understand explanations of medical terms and phonetic spelling, with more in-depth explanations later in each chapter
- Features case studies, word lists, and review exercises in each chapter to encourage active learning
- Logically organized by body system, with each chapter structured using a consistent framework
- Provides species-specific chapters to thoroughly cover terms related to all significant species
- Presents color images to illustrate terms discussed
- Includes a companion website with a pronunciation guide, flash cards, teaching PowerPoints, and additional images, as well as the case studies, word lists, and review exercises from the chapters, at www.wiley.com/go/taibo/terminology
Angela Taibo, AAS, BS, CVT, is an instructor at the Bel-rea Institute of Animal Technology in Denver, Colorado, USA.