An extensive update of a successful textbook on skill acquisition for sport students. Praised for its clarity of writing style and presentation the new edition will be an essential buy for those needing a practical, sport-focused introduction to the theory and application of human motor skills.
Table of Contents
1. Skill, Ability and Performance.
2. Sensation and Perception of External Information
3. Decision Making and Working Memory.
4. Reaction Time.
6. Motor Control.
8. Learning I: Types, Theories, Styles and Measurement.
9. Learning II: Instruction, Practice, Transfer of Training and Feedback.
10. Motivation, Arousal and Learning and Performance.
Appendix 1. Writing an Academic Paper.
Appendix 2. Test Your Knowledge Answers .
Appendix 3. Calculating Variable Error.