Praise for earlier editions:
an essential requirement for the library of any individual who works in the field... if you buy only one atlas, this is the one to buy." Journal of Neurosurgery
an excellent tool for understanding the central nervous system. It is a good companion at every level of training and for health care professionals." Archives of Neurology
The Brain Atlas presents neuroanatomy in an intuitive yet comprehensive manner, which makes it an excellent reference book and an outstanding learning text for anyone trying to master the intricate layout of the brain and its related structures. Trends in Neuroscience
The Brain Atlas: A Visual Guide to the Human Central Nervous System integrates modern neuroscience with clinical practice and is now completely revised and updated for a Fourth Edition making it the best available visual guide to human neuroanatomy.
The human brain is one of the most amazing consequences of evolution. The Brain Atlas correlates human brains, anatomical slices of brains, and MRI and MRA scans showing brain structure in three different planes. Details of all parts of the brain are clearly labelled. Nervepathways through the brain are illustrated with color diagrams and illustrations. Color coding and brain-section markers on each page permit easy navigation through The Brain Atlas.
While other atlases can overwhelm users with detail and/or oversimplify the brain, The Brain Atlas shows brain structures and the interneuronal connections that clarify human neuroanatomy and that relate to function and disease.
- Uses direct labeling system around the specimen, including an alphabetical list of terms for each image
- Approximately 350 high quality images showing the brain in extraordinary detail
- Unrivaled treatment of brain pathways, with colored lines that clearly trace pathways on actual brain slices used earlier in the book
- Systematic use of magnetic resonance images side-by-side with corresponding brain slices
- Blood supply maps show the arteries and veins of the CNS in detail, while separate vascular territory maps are directly correlated to whole brain slices
- Comes with free access to Wiley companion digital edition accessible on any device, allowing the reader to explore the interactive learning functionality on figures, make notes, bookmark, and follow cross references
This book is ideal for undergraduate, graduate and medical students and for neurologists, neurosurgeons, psychiatrists, psychologists, neuroscientists, and neurobiologists in training. The easy to understand layout makes it a must have resource for anyone requiring a goodworking knowledge of brain anatomy.