2. Physics and Instrumentation
3. Gynaecology Ultrasound
4. Uterine Pathology and Anomalies
5. Endometriosis and Adenomyosis
6. Ovarian Anomalies and Pathology
8. Ultrasound Guided Procedures
9. First Trimester Pregnancy
Ultrasonography is a crucial tool in successful assisted reproduction but requires a steady hand and can often be difficult for unconfident clinicians. A comprehensive ultrasound imaging reference, this is an essential guide for trainee clinicians, ultrasonographers, and nurses working in the field of assisted reproductive technology. Providing the reader with an overview of the process and a foundation to direct their ultrasound assessment of each patient, it contains highly practical tips and tricks for obtaining the best images. Heavily illustrated with example images, the role of ultrasound in fertility treatment is explained, as well as how to identify the uterus and ovaries, measure the endometrium, count follicles and recognize pathology. The role of ultrasound in assisted reproduction is covered, including transvaginal oocyte collection, embryo transfer, early pregnancy, miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. This is an indispensable reference for clinicians new to ultrasound in assisted reproduction.
- Over 350 high-quality images illustrate the techniques explained in the book, and act as examples for the conditions and results described
- Covers the basics, including the role of ultrasound in fertility treatments and the anatomy of the female reproductive system, giving readers the context behind the technology and techniques used
- Highly practical, the book contains tips from experts in ultrasonography in how to assess patients and common pitfalls to look out for in ultrasound for assisted reproduction
Jane S. Fonda, University of Sydney
Jane S. Fonda is a Consulting Sonography Trainer, and Medical Ultrasound Lecturer at the University of Notre Dame, Indiana, USA.
Rachael J. Rodgers, Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney
Rachael J. Rodgers is a Lead Clinician in the Department of Reproductive Medicine and a gynaecological staff specialist at the Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney, Australia.
William L. Ledger, University of New South Wales, Sydney
William L. Ledger is Head of Discipline of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Faculty of Medicine at the University of New South Wales, Director of Reproductive Medicine and Senior Staff Specialist at the Royal Hospital for Women and Chair of the Research and Development Committee and a fertility specialist at IVFAustralia, Sydney Australia.