1. Introduction to Maternal Critical Care
2. Recognition of the critically ill pregnant or postpartum woman
3. Structured approach to the review of a critically ill pregnant or postpartum woman
4. Oxygen administration and blood gas interpretation
5. ECGs and rhythm recognition
6. Invasive monitoring
7. Cardio-respiratory emergencies in pregnant and postpartum women
8. Neurological emergencies in pregnant and postpartum women
9. Sepsis and the critically ill pregnant or postpartum woman.
PROMPT (PRactical Obstetric Multi-Professional Training) is a multi-professional training package, to managing a range of obstetric emergency situations. Over recent years there has been increasing evidence that PROMPT training has significant impact on outcomes for mothers and babies in the UK and internationally.
The PROMPT CiPP (Care of the Critically ill Pregnant or Postpartum woman) Course is a constituent part of the of the third edition PROMPT 'Course in a Box' and an adjunct to the locally-run courses. A multi-professional training course for all maternity staff, involved in critical care. This package includes lectures, downloadable training tools and guidance to facilitate interactive learning sessions. The training package also complies with the training recommendations included in the 2018 report for maternal care. The PROMPT CiPP Course Handbook is essential for all those attending a local PROMPT CiPP Course, or as a stand-alone textbook, for evidence-based, current information for maternal healthcare professionals.
- Complete with lectures, downloadable training tools and guidance to facilitate interactive learning stations on a range of rare maternal complications, for trainees to follow.
- Translatable as a standalone textbook: providing evidence-based, current information, for any health professional.
- Supplementary to locally-run PROMPT Courses, the PROMPT CiPP Course is essential for all maternity staff, managing pregnant or postpartum women, requiring critical-maternal care.