Since the publication of the first edition of this best-selling book in 2009, the field of immunohistochemistry has advanced significantly. Fully updated to reflect the latest developments in the field, Modern Immunohistochemistry, Second Edition, is a practical guide to all the important diagnostic markers in each organ system. Concise text is supplemented by over 1,100 high-quality colour images and algorithms. The new edition features even more summary tables, highlighting the key points of differential immunophenotypic panels. A new, expanded introduction explains the basic principles of immunohistochemistry, and chapters have been updated to incorporate predictive/prognostic markers and the latest WHO classifications. All chapters are written by the same expert authors, providing a consistent, engaging style throughout and avoiding contradictory advice. An essential text for residents, this is also an extremely valuable resource for practitioners in anatomic pathology wishing to familiarise themselves with diagnostic markers at a quick glance.
- Illustrated with over 1,100 high-quality colour images, all of which can also be found on a DVD-ROM accompanying the print book
- Offers side-by-side comparison of staining techniques and summary tables highlighting the key points of differential immunophenotypic panels
- All chapters are written by the same expert authors, providing a consistent, engaging style throughout and avoiding contradictory advice
2. Skin tumors
3. Tumors of head and neck
4. Tumors of the lung and mediastinum
5. Tumors of endocrine system
6. Tumors of the digestive system
7. Tumors of genitourinary system
8. Tumors of breast and female genital organs
9. Hematopoietic and lymphoid tumors
10. Tumors of soft tissue and bone
11. Tumors of central nervous system
12. Metastatic carcinoma of unknown primary
About the Authors
Peiguo Chu, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, California
Peiguo Chu is Chair of the Department of Pathology and Director of the Immunohistochemistry Lab at the City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA.
Lawrence Weiss, Clarient, Inc., Aliso Viejo, California
Lawrence Weiss is Chairman Emeritus of the Department of Pathology at the City of Hope National Medical Center and Senior Consulting Pathologist at Clarient Inc., Aliso Viejo, California, USA.