This second edition has been updated with respect to current regulations, changes in old regulations and evolving standards of practice. It is written at a level that works for an undergraduate student as well as a practising laboratoryprofessional who wants to perfect a facility's safety programme. It offers:
- Guidedreading to helpinsureunderstanding and retention of theinformation.
- Summarytables and self-assessmentquestions at theend of eachchapter.
- A comprehensive post-test at theend of thebook to assist in evaluatingknowledge of integratedconceptsfromthewholetext.
- Includes a new chapter, "A Culture of Safety" thatshouldhelplaboratory managers withunderlyingprinciples of implementingsound safety programmes (includingpatient safety) at anyfacility.
- Website links are locatedwithineachsection and havebeenexpandedsignificantly to allowthereader to notjustgatheradditionalinformationbutalsoaccesslegitimatesourcesforchangesthatoccurafterpublication.
- New colourimages as well as improvedversionspreviousimages.
- Anincreasednumber of self-assessmentquestionswith more attention to thehistology and anatomicpathologylaboratorysections.