This sixth edition of Sports Nutrition offers timely research and evidence-based advice for health professionals working with athletes at all levels. Written and reviewed by esteemed sports registered dietitian nutritionists and other exercise experts, this edition incorporates theoretical and practical information and key takeaways designed for easy implementation in daily practice.
- A brand new chapter discussing emerging opportunities in sports nutrition
- Completely revised overview of exercise physiology, including a description of training principles
- Strategies for a sports nutrition assessment with application of macro- and micronutrient recommendations
- Updated population- and sports-specific recommendations, including new and in-depth discussion of considerations for various endurance events
- Important focus on the scope of practice for sports RDNs
- And much more!