1. The Development of Guided Bone Regeneration over the Past 30 Years
2. Bone Regeneration in Membrane-Protected Defects
3. The Biologic Power of Autogenous Bone Grafts
4. Hard and Soft Tissue Alterations Postextraction
5. Anatomical and Surgical Factors Influencing the Outcome of GBR Procedures
6. Implant Placement Following Extraction in Esthetic Single-Tooth Sites: When Immediate, Early, or Late?
7. Immediate Implant Placement with Internal Grafting
8. Early Implant Placement with Simultaneous Contour Augmentation Using GBR in the Esthetic Zone
9. GBR Procedures in the Posterior Mandible in Partially Edentulous Patients
10. Horizontal Ridge Augmentation Using GBR and Autogenous Block Grafts
11. Vertical and Horizontal Ridge Augmentation Using GBR: The Sausage Technique
12. Hard and Soft Tissue Augmentation in Defect Sites in the Anterior Maxilla
13. GBR for Regenerating Bone Defects Caused by Peri-Implantitis
14. Prevention and Management of Complications in GBR
With each passing decade, more research is done on GBR, and more surgeons begin adopting this practice with incredible results. In this new edition, Daniel Buser has assembled a team of the top names in implant surgery to put together a comprehensive guide on the materials, indications, techniques, timing, and results of GBR. The book begins with the science of bone regeneration before delving into the different methods and uses of GBR based on the presenting scenario. Case examples are presented with photos and radiographs documenting each patient’s bone regeneration from start to finish. From those who want to begin offering implants to a wider range of patients to GBR veterans who want to refine their skills, this book is perfect for anyone who works with dental implants.