IPC and beyond
1. Scope of palliative care
2. Ethical aspects
4. Psychological aspects
5. Spiritual aspects
7. Symptom management: principles and pain
8. Symptom management: alimentary
9. Symptom management: respiratory
10. Symptom management: genito-urinary
11. Symptom management: psychological & neurological
12. Symptom management: other
14. End-of-life care: planning and last days of life
15. Children: general aspects
16. Children: symptom management
17. Children: bereavement
18. The Essential Palliative Care Formulary
1. Curriculum for under-graduate medical education
2. Verifying and certifying a death in the UK
3. Palliative care resources for covid-19
Introducing Palliative Care is the well-established introductory resource for students and qualified healthcare professionals in the area of palliative care.
The sixth edition has been fully revised in line with current practice. It is split into four parts to cover essential aspects of palliative care and include essential Palliative Care Formulary containing core information about drugs used in palliative care.
New edition updates include:
- Fully revised in line with current practice and the latest edition of the Palliative Care Formulary (PCF7)
- Split into 4 parts to cover essential aspects of palliative care
- Updated essential Palliative Care Formulary containing core information about drugs used in palliative care
- Ethics chapter includes an expanded section on medically-assisted dying
Although medically oriented, there is much of use to undergraduates and graduates of other disciplines. The clinical focus is on advanced cancer, but the general principles and most of the details are equally applicable to patients dying from other incurable, progressive, life-threatening conditions.
About the Editors
Andrew Wilcock is Macmillan Clinical Reader in Palliative Medicine and Medical Oncology, Nottingham University and Honorary Consultant Physician, Hayward House, Nottingham University, Hospitals NHS Trust.
Robert Twycross is Emeritus Clinical Reader in Palliative Medicine, Oxford University.
Claire Stark Toller is Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Mountbatten Hampshire and University Hospital Southampton NHS Trust.