FASTtrack: Chemistry of Drugs focuses on what you really need to know in order to pass your pharmacy exams. It boasts concise bulleted information, key points, tips and a range of self assessment MCQs to consolidate learning.
Written by experts in the field and furnished with over 300 figures, this well illustrated resource offers an accessible introduction to subjects that are fundamental to pharmaceutical science. It covers all the key aspects of organic chemistry, elementary medicinal chemistry, and biochemistry, required by undergraduate pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences students.
Are your exams coming up? Are you drowning in textbooks and lecture notes and wondering where to begin? Take the FASTtrack route and study successfully for your exams.
FASTtrack offers the ultimate lecture notes and is a must-have for all pharmacy undergraduate students and pre-registration trainees wanting to study, revise and practice MCQs ahead of exams.
1. Chemical structure and bonding
2. Basic thermodynamics
3. Acidity and basicity of organic molecules
5. Chemical reaction mechanisms
6. Chemistry of electrophiles and nucleophiles
7. Chemistry of aromatic compounds
8. Chemistry of carbonyl compounds
9. Heterocyclic compounds
10. Sugars, proteins and DNA
11. Chemical stability of drugs
12. Drug metabolism
13. Molecular spectroscopy
14. Separation science
15. Pharmaceutical analysis and pharmacopoeia