Emphasizing safety, efficacy, and evidence, this is the only text representative of the multidisciplinary effort requisite to ensure delivery of optimal pediatric anesthesia care.
Featuring the expert perspectives of over 120 professionals across disciplines, this highly anticipated text is designed to meet the needs of nurse anesthesia students and certified registered nurse anesthetists responsible for providing anesthesia for infants and children. Distinguished by its multidisciplinary, practical approach, this user-friendly text delivers a comprehensive survey of all key aspects of the field, including evidence-based techniques and current trends. With brief and consistent chapters organized by body system, this text offers readers a solid foundation in pediatric anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and anesthetic care to ensure the delivery of best practices in the clinical arena.
With patient safety at the forefront, brief procedural chapters review the indications, unique aspects of the preoperative evaluation, and a step-by-step guide to delivering anesthesia for a variety of common and complex procedures, as well as clinical pearls, complications management, and postoperative care considerations. More than 35 case studies illustrate application of anesthetic techniques in practice and foster critical thinking and discussion. Abundant figures and tables illustrate key points and aid in retention. Instructor resources include an instructor's manual with additional case studies, PowerPoints, and a test bank.
- Presents the entire range of anesthetic procedures organized by body system
- Demonstrates advanced techniques and aids retention through case studies, illustrations, tables, and images
- Covers special topics including fetal surgery, neonatal emergencies, transplant surgery, pain management, ERAS protocols, non-operating room anesthesia, and ethical considerations
- Includes online resources for emergency medication dosing, age-based parameters, antibiotic prophylaxis, and case plan templates
- Includes an instructor's manual with additional case studies, PowerPoints, and a test bank.
Purchase includes access to eBook for use on most mobile devices or computers.