- Completely updated and revised to reflect the most recent developments in the field, this guide
- presents a state-of-the-art review of the features and impact of dyspnea on patients with chronic respiratory disease
- addresses the challenging problem of breathlessness experienced by patients with different respiratory diseases
- contains focused treatment strategies for relieving the severity of breathlessness
- studies the various mechanisms that cause dyspnea in patients with COPD
- details the various instruments available to measure the intensity of dyspnea
- reviews the use of bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroids for the relief of dyspnea in patients with COPD
Divided into three sections spanning the mechanisms of dyspnea, measurement and assessment strategies, and management techniques-this reference illustrates the impact of dyspnea on patients with chronic respiratory disease. With contributions by recognized experts on the topic, this handbook provides an abundance of practical information and recommendations for patients with COPD and focuses on current treatment methods for the relief of breathlessness.