Peter Rosen, MD, PACEP, and Roger M. Barkin, MD, MPH, FACEP, with associate editors: Daniel F. Danzl, MD, Robert S. Hockberger, MD, Louis J. Ling, MD, Vincent Markovchick, MD, John A. Marx, MD, Edward Newton, MD, Mark Smith, MD, and Ron M. Walls, MD.
This text, which reflects the expertise of over 150 emergency physicians, represents the standard of care of all emergency medicine. It describes the science of emergency medicine and its application, focusing on diagnosis and management of the problems that present in the emergency department.
NEW TO THIS EDITION: * New chapters in clinical decision making, reviewing medical literature, stress and wellness, ventilators, interhospital transfer, disaster management, lupus and vasculitis, emergency delivery, drugs in pregnancy, chronic disorders during pregnancy, blood and body fluids, mycobacterium, and sepsis. * A new section on approaches to pediatric geriatric immunocompromised and pregnant patients. FEATURES: * The top-rated source in emergency medicine. * Well-organized with consistent format within chapters. * Contributors and editorial board are experts in their emergency medicine field. * References are cited in text.
- Part I: General Concepts. Resuscitation. Practice of Emergency Medicine. Anesthesia and Pain Management. EMS.
- Part II: Trauma. General Concepts. Head and Spinal Trauma. Chest Trauma. Abdominal Trauma. Orthopedic Trauma. Soft Tissue Trauma.
- Part III: Environmental Disorders.
- Part IV: Selected Pediatric Problems. General Concepts, Cardiopulmonary Disorders. Gastrointestinal Disorders. Neurological Disorders.
- Part V: Toxicologic Problems.
- Part VI: Systemic Disorders. Respiratory Disorders. Cardiac Disorders. Vascular Disorders. Gastrointestinal Disorders. Hematologic and Oncologic Disorders. Neurologic Disorders. Genitourinary Disorders. Pregnancy. Metabolic and Endocrine Problems. Systemic Infections. Head and Neck Problems. Immunologic and Inflammatory Disorders.
- Part VII: Behavioural and Societal Problems.