Restraint and Handling of Wild and Domestic Animals, Third Edition offers an introduction to the basic principles of animal restraint and an overview of techniques for vertebrate wild and domestic animals. Fully updated throughout, the third edition also includes new chapters on understanding behavior, training for restraint and handling, and animal welfare and restraint. Now in full color, the third edition of this classic reference is an invaluable tool to recognizing potential danger in restraint and reducing stress in the animal.
Table of contents
1. General concepts.
2. Tools of restraint.
3. Ropes and knots.
5. Understanding behavior (new).
6. Training for restraint and handling (new).
8. Animal welfare and restraint (new).
9. Medical problems during restraint.
Part II (Domestic animals).
10. Horses, mules, donkeys.
11. Cattle and other domestic bovids.
12. Sheep and goats.
14. Camelids (new).
17. Laboratory rodents and rabbits.
18. Poultry and domestic waterfowl.
Part III (Wild animals).
19. Delivery Systems (Moved from Part I).
20. Chemical immobilization.
21. Monotremes and marsupials.
22. Small mammals (bats, insectivores, edentata, pangolin, rabbits, rodents, aardvark, hyrax).
24. Nonhuman primates.
25. Marine mammals.
27. Other megavertebrates.
28. Hoofed stock.
29. Wild birds.
31. Amphibians and fish.