Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health is a complete guide to managing the health and well-being of ornamental aquatic animals. Grounded in the foundations of fish medical care, the book summarizes nonlethal aquatic diagnostics and medicine, putting the information within a clinical context. Providing a comprehensive overview of the subject, Fundamentals of Ornamental Fish Health equips aquatic animal health professionals with all the information needed to competently and effectively treat these patients, from transporting and examining fish to diagnostic techniques and the identification and treatment of specific diseases and syndromes.
Table of contents
- Contributor List.
BASICS OF FISH KEEPING.
- 1. Anatomy and physiology (Richard J. Strange).
- 2. A brief overview of the ornamental fish industry and hobby (Timothy Miller-Morgan).
- 3. Stress in fish (David J. Pasnik, Joyce J. Evans, and Phillip H. Klesius).
- 4. Water quality (James L. Shelton).
- 5. Environment and husbandry: Ponds and aquaria (Scott Weber III, Helen E. Roberts, and James L. Shelton).
- 6. Biosecurity and ornamental fish (Timothy J. Miller-Morgan and Jerry R. Heidel).
- 7. Nutrition (Richard Strange).
- 8. Parasites of fish (Stephen A. Smith and Helen E. Roberts).
- 9. Viral pathogens of fish (Brian Palmeiro and E. Scott Weber III).
- 10. Bacterial diseases of fish (Brian Palmeiro).
- 11. Fungal diseases in fish (Helen E. Roberts).
- 12. Zoonotic diseases of fish (Stephen A. Smith).
- 13. Transport and hospitalization of the fish patient (Helen E. Roberts).
- 14. History (Helen E. Roberts).
- 15. Physical examination of fish (Helen E. Roberts).
- 16. Anesthesia, analgesia, and euthanasia (Helen E. Roberts).
- 17. Nonlethal diagnostic techniques (Helen E. Roberts, E. Scott Weber III, and Stephen A. Smith).
- 18. Surgery and wound management in fish (Helen E. Roberts).
- 19. Necropsy of fish (Drury Reavill).
- 20. Neoplasia in fish (Drury Reavill).
- 21. Specific syndromes and diseases (William H. Wildgoose and Brian Palmeiro).