The long awaited update to this classic text, McDonald's Veterinary Endocrinology and Reproduction provides students of veterinary medicine and animal science a concise and practical textbook specifically for endocrinology and reproduction in domestic animals. The text brings together material only previously available as scattered resources. This fifth edition is completely reworked and updated, from chapter text to artwork. Topics include domestic species, llamas, and South American camelids with all aspects of reproductive anatomy and physiology incorporated.
Table of contents
2. The Pituitary Gland.
3. The Thyroid Gland.
4. The Calcium Regulating Hormones: Parathyroid Hormone, Calcitonin, and Cholecalciferol.
5. The Endorcrine Pancreas.
6. The Adrenal Gland.
7. The Biology of Sex.
8. Male Reproductive System.
9. Female Reproductive System.
10. Artificial Insemination.
11. Patterns of Reproduction.
12. Reproductive Patterns of Cattle.
13. Reproductive Patterns of Horses.
14. Reproductive Patterns of Sheep and Goats.
15. Reproductive Patterns of Swine.
16. Reproductive Patterns of Dogs.
17. Reproductive Patterns of Cats.
18. Reproductive Patterns of Alpaca and Llamas, with Reference to the Vicuna and Guanaco.
19. Embryo Transfer in Domestic Animals.