Whether you’re cross training, continuing your education, or taking a refresher course, the knowledge and skills you need to master the essentials of phlebotomy are here.
This user-friendly text focuses on the proper techniques for collecting quality blood specimens with minimal patient discomfort. It’s perfect for intensive one- or two-day phlebotomy courses!
New to this Edition
- Full-color photographs that make every detail and technique easy-to-understand and easy-to-follow.
- Coverage of hemostasis, infection control, and legal issues, including HIPPA and the Needlestick Act.
- Thoroughly updated and revised throughout to reflect the practice of phlebotomy today.
1. Introduction to Blood Collection
2. Venipuncture Equipment
3. Venipuncture Techniques
4. Preexamination Variables and Venipuncture Complications
5. Special Blood Collection
6. Dermal Puncture
7. Point-of-Care Testing
8. Blood Collection from Vascular Access Devices
A. Laboratory Tests and the Required Types of Anticoagulants and Volume of Blood Required
B. Clinical Correlations of Blood Tests Related to Body Systems
C. Answer Key
D. Laboratory Abbreviations Commonly Used