This programmed learning, word-building approach is ideal for self-paced
learning and review or in-class and online instruction!
The 5th Edition of this popular textbook continues to incorporate the most current trends and approaches to teaching medical terminology. You’ll explore each body system unit through a summary of major combining forms, a comprehensive pathology section, and additional medical records and evaluations, complemented by true-to-life artwork.
NEW!Online. Interactive. Progressive.
The Medical Language Lab is the new, interactive, online program that ensures your students master the language of medicine. Based on proven language methodology, it guides your students step by step from basic through advanced levels of proficiency to become confident medical language speakers.
A special code in the front of the book unlocks The MLL for you and your students. Use it with your current learning management system or with its integrated grade book. Customize it to meet the needs of your course.
- Programmed, frame-based learning approach—including a free bookmark that will help students quiz themselves and study at their own pace.
- True-to-life artwork for each body system and key pathologic conditions.
- A summary of major combining forms and suffixes as well as comprehensive disease, procedures, pharmacology, and medical records sections in each body system chapter.
- Spanish translations in the Appendix for quick reference.
- Name-specific headers that make locating material easier.
New to this Edition
· The Medical Language Lab is customized for Medical Terminology Simplified,
so lessons in the MLL correspond with the book chapters
· New, full-color illustrations depicting diseases, conditions, diagnostics, and medical and surgical procedures.
· Thoroughly updated abbreviations from The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
· Medical reports from a variety of medical specialties.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Programmed Learning and Medical Word Building
2. Body Structure
3. Integumentary System
4. Respiratory System
5. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
6. Digestive System
7. Urinary System
8. Reproductive System
9. Endocrine and Nervous Systems
10. Musculoskeletal System
11. Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears
1. Glossary of Medical Word Elements
2. Answer Key
3. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
4. Drug Classifications
6. Medical Specialties
7. Spanish Translations