Updated with NANDA-I 2012-2014 Diagnoses
This all-in-one care planning resource provides the step-by-step guidance you need to develop individualized plans of care, while also honing your critical thinking and analytical skills.
Thoroughly updated and revised throughout, 167 care plans reflect the latest NANDA-I diagnoses and terminology. You’ll also now find an expanded emphasis on evidence-based practice through citations that support the incidence of the problem, the validity of the diagnostic tests, and the recommended nursing interventions.
The Plus Code, inside new, printed texts, unlocks a wealth of Premium learning resources online at DavisPlus, including your Davis Digital Version, your complete text online. You’ll also have access to all of the care plans in the book as well as additional care plans. Use the Online Disorder Lookup to easily search through 800 disorders to select the most appropriate diagnoses for your client.
· 167 care plans focuses on individualized care for clients across the
· Provides guidelines that cover total patient needs—physical, cultural, sexual, nutritional, and psychosocial.
· Offers a client assessment database for each medical condition for quick review and retrieval of information.
· Presents diagnoses by priority.
· Applies the body system approach to care planning.
· Contains comprehensive rationales for every intervention.
· Covers complementary therapies.
· Shows what to expect in the hospital and community-based settings.
· Explains how to document for government regulations and third-party payers.
· Identifies discharge plan considerations.
· Presents diagnostic studies with explanations of the reason for the test and what the results mean.
· Begins each chapter with a glossary.
· Care plans addressing acutely ill patients.
· Includes an Index of Nursing Diagnoses with page numbers.
New to this Edition
- NEW & REVISED! NANDA-I 2012-2014 diagnoses as well as the most current NANDA-I terminology,
- UPDATED! All care plans updated to ensure they reflect current treatment recommendations.
- UPDATED! Diagnostic Test tables updated to reflect state-of-the-art diagnostic regimes.
- NEW! Care plans added…Wound Care, Meningitis, and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair.
- EXPANDED! Enhanced focus on evidence-based practice with the addition of evidence citations to support introductory content, diagnostic content, and interventions.
Table of Contents
1. Issues and Trends in Medical/Surgical Nursing
2. The Nursing Process: Planning Care with Nursing Diagnoses
3. Critical Thinking: Adaptation of Theory to Practice
4. Cardiovascular Disorders
5. Respiratory Disorders
6. Neurological/Sensory Disorders
7. Gastrointestinal Disorders
8. Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders
9. Blood/Blood-Forming Organ Disorders
10. Renal and Urinary Tract Disorders
11. Women's Reproductive Disorders
12. Orthopedic Disorders
13. Integumentary Disorders
14. Systemic Infections and Immunological Disorders
15. General Concerns
Index of Nursing Diagnoses