· Content review
· Case studies
· NCLEX-style Q&A
Here’s all of the crucial coverage you need to succeed in class and
confidently prepare for your classroom exams and the NCLEX. Easy-to-follow outlines
focus on the information essential to make this challenging subject more manageable.
Each chapter offers a concise, yet comprehensive review of the topic, followed by NCLEX-style questions in both multiple-choice and alternate-item formats. Rationales for both correct and incorrect answers, as well as test-taking tips, explain how to apply critical thinking to the question types—great preparation for classroom exams and the most recent NCLEX-RN® Exam.
Bring your text to life with DavisPlus Premium content!
A Plus code in the front of each new book unlocks DavisPlus Premium content. Two, 50-question exams, unique to DavisPlus, give you even more practice. (Access can also be purchased at DavisPlus.FADavis.com.)
- Over 600 NCLEX-style questions in the text and online as DavisPlus Premium content provide...
- rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- alternate-format questions
- test-taking tips
- Two, 50-item comprehensive NCLEX-style tests online at DavisPlus—a Plus code in the front of each new book unlocks DavisPlus Premium content—offer you even more opportunities to practice. (Access can also be purchased at DavisPlus.FADavis.com)
- “Putting it All Together” case studies at the end of every chapter encourage you to think critically and shows you how to analyze common imbalances and consider the most effective solutions.
- Content covers the most recent NCLEX-RN® test plan with a focus on medical/surgical nursing, obstetrics, pediatrics, and care of the adult across the life span.
- Consistent organization for each chapter addresses Causes • Risk Factors • Signs and Symptoms • Interventions • Client Education • Review Questions/Answers/Rationales.
Table of Contents
I. Fluid Imbalances
· 1. Fluid Volume Excess
· 2. Fluid Volume Deficit
II. Electrolyte Imbalances
· 3. Sodium and Chloride Imbalances
· 4. Potassium Imbalance
· 5. Calcium Imbalance
· 6. Magnesium Imbalance
· 7. Phosphate Imbalance
III. Acid-Base Imbalances
· 8. Respiratory and Metabolic Acidosis
· 9. Respiratory and Metabolic Alkalosis
IV. Comprehensive Self-Tests
· 10. Comprehensive Tests
o A. Test 1 (75 items)
o B. Test 1: Answers/Rationales/Test-taking Tips
o C. Test 2 (75 items)
o D. Test 2: Answers/Rationales/Test-taking Tips