The 3rd Edition of this popular work has been completely revised and updated
to bring you all of the field’s most current knowledge in an even easier-to-use
new design. Its superb combination of detailed illustrations and precise language
make even the most complicated concepts and techniques clear. Organized by body
region, each chapter begins with a review of anatomy and biomechanics; proceeds
through clinical evaluation, pathologies and related special tests; and concludes
with a discussion of on-field or initial management of specific injuries.
- New! Increased focus on evidence-based practice, including new "Practical Evidence" boxes.
- New chapter on evidence-based diagnosis.
- Updated art program includes hundreds of new photographs, new line art, and second color on the photographs to enhance palpation images.
- Text conforms to or exceeds the Athletic Training Educational Competencies.
- Distinctive boxes for each type of test, including goniometry, resisted range of motion and manual muscle tests, clinical tests, and special tests, are well-illustrated with photographs and line drawings.
- Evaluative Findings boxes summarize clinical findings for specific injuries or conditions.
- Observational Findings boxes help students to identify specific conditions or injuries.
“This is by far the most comprehensive and user-friendly text for both professor and student! I am continuing to use it in my Athletic Training Program, and beginning next year, I will institute it into my PT courses in Ortho I & II. ”—Vincent J. Hudson, MS, PT, ATC, MBA, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida, review of the 2nd Edition.By Chad Starkey, PhD, ATC, Coordinator, Graduate Athletic Training, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio. , Sara D. Brown, MS, ATC, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts., and Jeffrey L. Ryan, PT, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.