- Now with the added impact of full color and an entirely new photography program to be more engaging for your students, enhancing the learning process for the visual learner.
- More comprehensive and well-rounded nursing "foundations of care"
content added to the first section of the book with new chapters:
- Holistic Caring
- Nutrition for the Older Adult
- Culturally Specific Care
- Sleep, Rest and Activity
- More concept-map focused with added emphasis on the theories of aging included.
- "Points to Ponder" and "Critically Examine This" exercises place students more in the nurse's role, urging them to more carefully consider the topics covered in the chapters.
- Updated content on sexuality, macular degeneration and other eye disorders of aging, and common infectious diseases found in the elderly.
Table of Contents
1: Foundations of Care for the Older Adult
Holistic Caring New!
The Aging Experience
Use of the Nursing Process and Nursing Diagnosis in the Care of the Older Adult
Legal and Ethical Considerations Regarding the Elderly
Nutrition for the Older Adult New!
Culturally Specific Care New!
Sleep, Rest and Activity New!
End -of-Life Issues
Environments of Care
The Management Role of the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
2: Clinical Practice
Common Infectious Diseases
Common Medical Diagnoses
Common Clinical Problems: Physiological
Common Clinical Problems: Psychological
Rehabilitation and Restorative Care
Pharmacology and its Significance for Older Adults
Laboratory Values and the Older Adult