This new, thoroughly updated edition of a popular formulary includes current drugs and veterinary practices. The practical format is exceptionally concise, portable, and easy to use, and offers readers immediate access to essential information on therapies for dogs, cats, horses, ruminant species, pigs, birds, rodents, rabbits, ferrets, and reptiles. Drugs are logically organized by small, large, and exotic species. Each section begins with a table of dosages and is followed by alphabetically organized entries of commonly prescribed medications. Entries include the generic drug name (and U.S. and Canadian trade names, as appropriate), indications, routes of administration, adverse and common side effects, drug interactions, formulations, and additional drug uses. Dosage conversion tables and formulas are easy to find and use. An easy-scan index speeds readers from drug generic or brand name to complete entries.
Table of contents
Part I: Small Animals.
- Section 1 Drugs in Small Animals.
- Section 2 Antimicrobial and Antiparasitic.
- Section 3 Description of Drugs for Small Animals.
Part II: Large Animals.
- Section 4 Common Dosages for Large Animals.
- Section 5 Antimicrobial, Antiparasitic, and Anthelmintic Agents in Large Animals.
- Section 6 Description of Drugs for Large Animals.
Part III: Exotics.
- Section 7 Introduction: Chemotherapeutics in Avian and Exotic Pet Practice.
- Section 8 The Use of Chemotherapeutic Agents in Rodents and Rabbits.
- Section 9 Common Dosages for Rodents and Rabbits.
- Section 10 Description of Drugs for Rodents and Rabbits.
- Section 11 The Use of Chemotherapeutic Agents in Ferrets.
- Section 12 Common Dosages for Ferrets.
- Section 13 Description of Drugs for Ferrets.
- Section 14 The Use of Chemotherapeutic Agents in Reptilian Medicine.
- Section 15 Common Dosages for Reptiles.
- Section 16 Description of Drugs for Reptiles.
- Section 17 The Use of Chemotherapeutic Agents in Avian Medicine.
- Section 18 Common Dosages in Avian Medicine.
- Section 19 Description of Drugs for Birds.