The Wheelchair Evaluation: A Clinician’s Guide, Second Edition is an updated, practical, and concise reference on the wheelchair prescription process. It is perfect for students and clinicians in the health fields who work with physically disabled individuals in need of a wheelchair. This book is a portable, hands-on manual that implements a real-world approach to patient evaluation, choice of wheelchair components, documentation, and funding.
New to this Edition:
- Four new chapters dedicated to ethical issues, funding, documentation, and fitting.
- A Medicare algorithm for wheelchair clinical decision-making.
- Information on American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) wheelchair standards that is useful in comparison shopping.
- New PowerPoint slides with videos.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Introduction and Overview
- Chapter 1 Overview
Part 2 The Individual
- Chapter 2 Patient History
- Chapter 3 Clinical Assessment
- Chapter 4 Functional Assessment
Part 3 The Wheelchair
- Chapter 5 The Wheelchair- An Introduction
- Chapter 6 The Mobility Base
- Chapter 7 Seating System and Wheelchair Components
Part 4 Ethics, Funding, Documentation & Fitting
- Chapter 8 Ethical Issues
- Chapter 9 Funding
- Chapter 10 Documentation
- Chapter 11 Fitting, Training, and Dispensing the Wheelchair
- Appendix A Medicare’s Algorithm
- Appendix B Wheelchair Evaluation Form
- Appendix C Resources and Links
- Appendix D Differential Diagnosis of Common Wheelchair Problems
- Appendix E Body Shape