Written by world-renowned exercise physiologists and sports medicine specialists, the new edition retains the important historical background and exercise physiology research conducted by the authors over the past 40 years. In addition, it brings you up-to-date on the growth in the field since the previous edition, presenting today’s most current scientific research findings.
Beyond the scientific details, the book also addresses the application of this information to the fields of exercise physiology and work physiology, making the resource more useful than ever.
Textbook of Work Physiology, Fourth Edition includes these updated features:
• More than 1,600 references
• “Classical studies” and “additional reading” side boxes for those who wish to study a topic more closely
• In-depth studies taken from the working world, recreational activities, and elite sport
• More than 380 illustrations, tables, and photos
• Comprehensive appendix, including glossary, list of symbols, conversion tables, and definitions of terms and units