1.Professional practice and portfolios: Why is a professional portfolio important?
2.Portfolio styles and models
3.Reflection and reflective practice
4.Evidence: What do I have and what do I need?
5.Compiling your portfolio
6.Portfolio evaluation and assessment
7.Examples of health practitioners' approaches to planning and evaluating CPD
Portfolios for Nursing, Midwifery and other Health Professions is a practical guide providing detailed strategies for developing a quality portfolio that will assist you to review your professional practice, assess your learning and career planning, direct your continuing professional development and effectively communicate your professional achievements.
Written by Lynette Cusack and Morgan Smith, this fourth edition will help you understand the drivers and benefits of portfolios and how to design and evaluate a quality portfolio in order to meet the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) annual registration requirements.
- Clearly outlines what a portfolio is, how it is used and why different types of portfolios are required for different purposes
- Supports understanding of the relationship between portfolios and the AHPRA regulatory requirements of self-declaration and practising in accordance with professional practice standards
- Assists in understanding and applying reflection techniques in professional development, learning and portfolio use.
Additional resources on Evolve
eBook on VitalSource
New to this Edition
- An increased focus on how portfolios relate to career planning and achieving professional goals
- Highlights different ways of demonstrating evidence of achievements
- An increased emphasis on demonstrating safety and quality in healthcare and person-centred practice
- An eBook included in all print purchases
By Lynette Cusack, RN, PhD, MHA, BN, DN, MidCert (UK), MRCNA, Deputy Head Research, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, The University of Adelaide, South Australia and Morgan Smith