Gordian Fulde AO a mainstay of emergency medicine in Australia continues to author this indispensable reference along with Sascha Fulde and a considered selection of influential emergency medicine clinicians. The strength of Emergency Medicine undoubtedly lies with its combination of expertise experience and contemporary content.
This premier text offers accessible evidence-based clinical management and treatment advice that can be incorporated seamlessly into the daily demands of the emergency medicine environment. The comprehensive scope of content coverage ensures readers – both students and clinicians – are well equipped with the practical nous to succeed in the demanding world of emergency medicine.
- Comprehensively updated with contributions from more than 60 notable emergency medicine clinicians
- 26 new chapters, with new topics including pain management, caring for Indigenous patients, emergency medicine in a rural setting, sexual assault and domestic violence, common misses in x-ray, and CT ordering and interpretation
- Increased coverage of topical issues such as deep vein thrombosis (economy class syndrome) and street drugs
- A focus on a career in emergency medicine, lifestyle, wellness and success
- Coverage of important controversies with evidence-based recommendations.
- Editor comments contained in relevant chapters to provide clinical tips and advice for practice
- Broad range of topical issues covered
- Practical rapid reference appendix
- Detailed glossary and index
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase
By Sascha Fulde, MBBS, BSc (Med), FACEM, Emergency Specialist, St Vincent’s Hospital, Sutherland Hospital, Sydney, NSW Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW Senior Lecturer, University of New South Wales and Gordian W. O. Fulde, MBBS, FRACS, FRCS (Edin), FRCS/RCP (A&E) (Edin), FACEM, Director of Emergency The Sydney Hospital, Sydney, NSW Stream Director, Critical Care, South Eastern Sydney Local Health Care District Professor, Emergency Medicine, Notre Dame and New South Wales Universities Former Director, Emergency, St. Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, NSW