A practical textbook, illustrated in colour throughout, on the use of the increasingly popular Tip-Edge orthodontic appliance, now with discussion of the Plus bracket.
- Comprehensive illustrated textbook on the use of Tip-Edge by a world leader in its clinical development
- More than 500 illustrations, many in full colour, present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Explains the demonstrably superior capabilities of Tip Edge and Plus over conventional bracket systems
- Demonstrates the scope of the technique by numerous case histories which show the successful management of more difficult cases that often cannot be addressed by conventional means
- Ideal for practitioners new to the appliance and those familiar with it who need to keep abreast of advances in the field
New to this Edition
- Includes all the new improvements and modifications in this rapidly developing technique, in particular, the Plus bracket
- New clinical cases show the effectiveness of Tip-Edge Plus treatment in both American and British patients
- Contains an expanded section on how to convert to this demonstrably superior technique from traditional straight wire practice
Table of Contents
Introduction. Differential tooth movement. Dynamics of Tip-Edge. Auxiliaries. Treatment stages. Bonding and setting up. Stage 1. Setting up Stage 1. Stage 1 checks. ";Power tipping"; and the Protraction Arch. Stage 2. Setting up Stage 2. Stage 2 checks. Stage 3: how it works. Stage 3 archwires. Stage 3: setting the torque. Stage 3: threading the deep tunnels. Stage 3: fitting the archwires (and Side-Winders). Stage 3: checks. Precision finishing. The non-compliant patient. In conclusion. Tip-Edge Treatment sequence. Further reading.
By Richard Parkhouse, BDS(Hons Lond), FDS, DOrth, RCS(Eng), Formerly Consultant Orthodontist, Glan Clwyd Hospital, Wales, UK