Donald Resnick�s latest reference keeps pace with the rapid changes that characterize modern MR imaging of joints. This 2nd edition offers comprehensive coverage of the most up-to-date protocols and imaging techniques required in the analysis of internal derangements of the six major peripheral joints: the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand, pelvis and hip, knee, and ankle and foot. You�ll find the level of utility you need through the new, streamlined organization that explores MRI Techniques and Protocols; Synovial Joints: General Concepts; Bone and Bone Marrow; Soft Tissues; and Specific Joints in five new, easy-to-reference sections. You�ll also find hundreds of new illustrations
� new expertly designed anatomic diagrams
� and updated radiographic and CT images correlated with the latest high-resolution MR images as appropriate
� Represents the most comprehensive reference available
on the subject of peripheral joints.
� Maintains a consistent, logical format throughout.
� Focuses on the derangement of joints, as well as entities that present similarly to help you formulate accurate diagnoses
Dedicates all-new chapters to the hottest topics in the field: Infectious Disorders of Bone and Joint
� Ischemic Disorders of Bone
� Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders of Bone
� Disorders of Ligaments.
� Features a new organization that makes important information
easy to find.
� Provides hundreds of new images to clarify every discussion and every technique.
� Presents the latest MRI protocols for all major peripheral joints of the body.
� Correlates the latest high-resolution MR images to relevant radiographic and CT images.
� Offers brand-new anatomic diagrams from master medical illustrator, Michael Stadnick and hundreds of new images from the private collection of co-author, Michael Pretterklieber
Part I Magnetic Resonance Imaging:
Techniques and Protocols
1. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Technical Considerations
2. Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Typical Protocols
Part II Synovial Joints: General Concepts
3. Synovial Joints: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
4. Articular Cartilage: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
5. Traumatic Disorders of Joints
6. Degenerative Disorders of Joints
7. Inflammatory Disorders of Joints
8. Bleeding Disorders
9. Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders In and About Joints
10. Pigmented Villonodular Synovitiis and Idiopathic Synovial Osteochondromatosis
Part III Bone and Bone Marrow: General Concepts
11. Bone and Bone Marrow: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
12. Traumatic Disorders of Bone
13. Infectious Disorders of Bone and Joint
14. Ischemic Disorders of Bone
15. Paget�s Disease
17. Tumors and Tumor-like Disorders of Bone
Part IV Soft Tissues: General Concepts
18. Disorders of Muscles and Tendons
19. Disorders of Ligaments
20. Entrapment Neuropathies
Part V Specific Joints: Anatomy and Pathophysiology
23. Wrist and Hand
24. Pelvis and Hip
26. Ankle and Foot