1 Diagnosis: the art of being a doctor
2 Human genetics
4 Evidence-based practice
5 Ethical practice
6 Malignant disease
7 Palliative care and symptom control
8 Sepsis and the treatment of bacterial infection
9 Water, electrolytes and acid-base balance
10 Critical care medicine
12 Prescribing, therapeutics and toxicology
13 Global Health
14 Public health
15 Geriatric medicine, frailty and multimorbidity
17 Haematological Oncology
19 Bone disease
20 Infectious diseases and tropical medicine
23 Diabetes mellitus
24 Lipid and inherited metabolic disorders
25 Liaison psychiatry
27 Ear, nose and throat, and eye disease
28 Respiratory disease
29 Venous thromboembolic disease
34 Liver disease
35 Biliary tract and pancreatic disease
36 Kidney and urinary tract disease
37 Sexually transmitted infections and HIV
38 Obstetric medicine
39 Women's health
40 Men's health
41 Environmental medicine
Now in its tenth edition, Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine is fully updated and revised under a new team of editors. Featuring new chapters covering:
- Diagnosis: the art of being a doctor - helping readers to develop a confident clinical method in interactions with patients
- Elderly medicine, frailty and multimorbidity
- Public health
- Evidence-based medicine
- Sepsis and the treatment of bacterial infection
- Haematological Oncology
- Venous thromboembolic disease
- Men's health
Enhanced clinical skills content has been added to most chapters - helping readers tailor history-taking and examination skills to specific specialty-based contexts.
Bonus online content - including self-assessment, common clinical and international cases, cardiovascular and respiratory audio material, clinical examination videos and bite-sized topic pages covering major conditions.
Heavily revised throughout with smaller chapters to ease navigation, added introductions and system overviews included for most chapters.
- Edited by Adam Feather, MBBS, FRCP, FAcadMEd; David Randall, MA, MRCP; and Mona Waterhouse, MA, MRCP
- Contributors comprise consultants at the top of their fields, paired with younger doctors closer to the exam experience, to ensure authority and relevance.
- Enhanced e-book accompanies the print book, for ease of transportation and use on the move.
- International Advisory Board, led by Professor Janaka de Silva and Professor Senaka Rajapakse, providing guidance for global coverage from across the world.
- Contributions to the e-book by members of the International Advisory Board to amplify areas of clinical importance in their parts of the world.
Edited by Adam Feather, MBBS, FRCP, FAcadMEd, Consultant Physician and Clinical Director, St Mary's Hospital, The Isle of Wight; David Randall, MA, MRCP and Mona Waterhouse, MA, MRCP