Covering the essential basic science and principles of pharmacology using concise text and diagrams, Dale's Pharmacology Condensed, 3rd Edition, presents the key facts and concepts that are key to understanding how drugs work and their underlying pathophysiological processes. Each of the 50 short chapters provides an organized, consistent approach to efficient learning and retention of complex information. This concise text is an ideal companion volume to Rang and Dale's Pharmacology, as well as a stand-alone condensed textbook or review book for exams.
- All content has been thoroughly revised and updated, with new coverage of fast-moving therapeutic areas such as cancer treatments, dermatology and immune mediated diseases, and new developments in pharmacological principles such as biased agonism.
- Each two-page (or less) chapter condenses key information from Rang and Dale's Pharmacology to provide the necessary core knowledge, as well as essential therapeutic information.
- New editors are experienced teachers who provide a clear focus on what today's students need to know.
- Ideal for exam preparation with explanatory diagrams throughout, important drugs identified with bold type, and 50 multiple choice questions for self-assessment and review.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to study the cards on your phone, tablet, or computer.
By Clive P. Page, OBE, PhD, Director, Sackler Institute of Pulmonary Pharmacology, Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, King's College London, UK and Simon Pitchford