This concise introduction to pathology covers basic pathological mechanisms and offers a detailed review of systems pathology, making it a complete, effective review for today's readers. Hundreds of high-quality images-many new to this edition-illustrate common entities, and associated captions provide key pathological points. Reader-friendly text clarifies basic and complex information, helping you understand challenging concepts more easily. Wheater's Pathology is an excellent companion resource for users of Wheater's Functional Histology, 6th Edition, offering a comparison of normal histology with the pathological changes in disease.
- Contains a new chapter, Introduction to Pathology and Techniques, that provides more background information on histology techniques, immunohistochemistry, molecular tests and digital pathology.
- Contains new, full-color illustrations that depict additional pathological entities and update classifications.
- Includes access to online-only material such as new questions for each chapter, and numerous macroscopic images.
- Incorporates cutting-edge information on molecular pathology throughout.
- Includes quick-reference features such as keys to the lettering in images at the bottom of each page and fully revised clinical boxes with clinical-pathological correlations that explain the relevance of the pathological processes underlying common diseases and their complications.
- Summarizes key points with chapter reviews at the end of each section.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references - including 68 bonus dissection videos - from the book on a variety of devices.
By Geraldine O'Dowd, BSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCPath, Consultant Diagnostic Pathologist, Lanarkshire NHS Board, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland ; Sarah Bell and Sylvia Wright