Contact Lens History and Material Development
1. The History of Contact Lenses
2. Contact Lens Materials
Anatomy, Physiology and Patient Suitability
3. Ocular Anatomy
4. Microbiology, Lens Care and Maintenance
5. Tears and Contact Lenses
6. Assessment of Patient Suitability For Contact Lenses
Instrumentation and Lens Design
7. Optics and Lens Design
8. Clinical Instrumentation in Contact Lens Practice
Lens Fitting Modalities
9. Rigid Gas-Permeable Corneal Lens Fitting
10. Soft Contact Lens Fitting
11. Toric Contact Lens Fitting
12. Extended- And Continuous-Wear Lenses
13. Bifocal and Multifocal Contact Lenses
14. Scleral and Mini-Scleral Contact Lenses
Patient Management and Aftercare
15. Patient Management
17. Management of Contact Lens Induced Pathology
18. Lens Checking: Soft and Rigid
Specialist Lens Fitting
21. High Prescriptions
22. Post-Keratoplasty Contact Lens Fitting
23. Postrefractive Surgery
24. Paediatric Contact Lenses
25. Cosmetic and Prosthetic Contact Lenses
26. Therapeutic and Bandage Lenses For Abnormal Ocular Conditions
27. Special Lens Types
28. Myopia Progression and Contact Lens Control
29. Contact Lens Manufacturing
30. Contact Lens Standards
31. Legal Issues and Contact Lenses
32. Setting Up a Research Project
33. Modification Procedures - ONLINE ONLY
Completely revised with the latest advances, evidence, and standards needed for everyday practice, Contact Lenses, 6th Edition, remains a definitive work on this multi-faceted topic, ideal for optometrists, dispensing opticians, ophthalmologists, and contact lens practitioners. This classic, superbly designed text is perfectly suited for health care professionals, providing all of the essential knowledge needed in one convenient volume.
- Provides up-to-date, authoritative information on contact lens materials and lens types, treatment in contact lens and tear film complications, and myopia correction and contact lenses for abnormal ocular conditions.
- Discusses current topics such as miniscleral lenses, keratoconus, corneal cross linking, and paediatric, cosmetic and prosthetic contact lenses.
- Includes NEW online access to ExpertConsult, with calculators and simulation programs for scleral lens fitting, sagittal values, soft toric mislocation, front vertex power, orthokeratology and rigid lens design, and more.
- Contains high-quality line diagrams and clinical illustrations to highlight key points in the text.
- Focuses on the evidence behind contact lens practice, enabling you to make informed choices about the care you give to your patients.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Anthony J. Phillips, MPhil, FBOA, HD, FAAO, FBCO, FVCO, FCLSA, DCLP, Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre and The Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, Australia and Lynne Speedwell, BSc, MSc(Health Psych), DCLP, FAAO, Head of Optometry, Clinical & Academic Department of Ophthalmology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK