For more than 65 years, this best-selling text by Drs. Barbara J. Bain, Imelda Bates, and Mike A. Laffan has been the worldwide standard in laboratory haematology. The 12th Edition of Dacie and Lewis Practical Haematologycontinues the tradition of excellence with thorough coverage of all of the techniques used in the investigation of patients with blood disorders, including the latest technologies as well as traditional manual methods of measurement. You'll find expert discussions of the principles of each test, possible causes of error, and the interpretation and clinical significance of the findings.
New to this Edition
- diagnosis, molecular testing, blood transfusion- and much more.
- Complete coverage of the latest advances in the field.
- An expanded section on coagulation now covers testing for new anticoagulants and includes clinical applications of the tests.
- A unique section on haematology in under-resourced laboratories.
- Ideal as a laboratory reference or as a comprehensive exam study tool.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
By Barbara J. Bain, FRACP, FRCPath, Professor in Diagnostic Haematology, St Mary's Hospital Campus of Imperial College Faculty of Medicine; Honorary Consultant Haematologist, St Mary's Hospital and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK; Imelda Bates, MB BS, MD, MA, FRCPath, Professor of Haematology, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK and Mike A Laffan, DM, FRCP, FRCPath, Professor of Haemostasis and Thrombosis, Honorary Consultant in Haematology, Division of Investigative Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK