The leading reference in the field of geriatric care, Brocklehurst's Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, 8th Edition, by Drs. Howard M. Fillit, Kenneth Rockwood, and John B. Young, provides a contemporary, global perspective on topics of importance to today's gerontologists, internal medicine physicians, and family doctors. An increased focus on frailty, along with coverage of key issues in gerontology, disease-specific geriatrics, and complex syndromes specific to the elderly, makes this 8th Edition the reference you'll turn to in order to meet the unique challenges posed by this growing patient population.
- Consistent discussions of clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and more make reference quick and easy.
- More than 250 figures, including algorithms, photographs, and tables, complement the text and help you find what you need on a given condition.
- Clinical relevance of the latest scientific findings helps you easily apply the material to everyday practice.
New to this Edition
- A new chapter on frailty, plus an emphasis on frailty throughout the book, addresses the complex medical and social issues that affect care, and the specific knowledge and skills essential for meeting your patients' complex needs.
- New content brings you up to date with information on gerontechnology, emergency and pre-hospital care, HIV and aging, intensive treatment of older adults, telemedicine, the built environment, and transcultural geriatrics.
- New editor Professor John Young brings a fresh perspective and unique expertise to this edition.
By Howard M. Fillit, MD, Executive Director, Institute for the Study of Aging; Clinical Professor, Departments of Geriatrics and Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine of the City University of New York, New York, NY; Kenneth Rockwood, MD, FRCPC, Professor of Geriatric Medicine, Kathryn Allen Weldon Chair of Alzheimer Research, Centre for Health Care of the Elderly, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and John B Young, MD, National Clinical Director for Integration & Frail Elderly, NHS England; Honorary Consultant Geriatrician, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom